July 12, 2010
"Three Months of Summer" fishing contest
Just a reminder to submit your entries for the Fishy Kid "Three Months of Summer" fishing contest. This contest is divided into four categories (coldwater/warmwater/saltwater/brownwater) and will allow all Fishy Kids seventeen and younger to participate. As with everything done on the Fishy Kid website, the success of the contests would not be possible without the support of our Gear Sponsors. We here at roughfisher.com are proud to sponsor the brownwater portion of the contest. Be sure to get your entries in to win a bunch of killer swag, including some deadly custom tied flies by the roughfisher. There's still plenty of time left to participate!
1. The "Three Months of Summer" contest will begin on June 1st and continue until August 31th, 2010.
2. To participate please upload your fishing photos into the appropriate gallery. There are galleries set up for each of the four contests being Coldwater, Warmwater, Saltwater, and Brownwater.
3. Within each contest category there will be prizes given for the following:
Most Unique Fish
Random Overall Winner
In all there will be twenty prizes awarded during this contest. Contest prizes will come from a long list of Fishy Kid Gear Sponsors such as:
Hook & Hackle
Montana Fly Company
Backwater Paddle Company
Temple Fork Outfitters
South Fork Rod Company
4. Winners will be randomly drawn from each category and a single photograph may qualify for more than one such as Biggest Fishy and Most Unique Fish. Fishy Kid will divide up all the photos into the appropriate categories and every effort will be made to maximize your submission for the contest by including it in several categories.
5. Definitions of each contest:
Coldwater - Trout, Salmon, Steelhead
Warmwater - Various Basses, Sunfish, Bluegills, Perch, Crappie, Pike, and Musky.
Saltwater - All Ocean Living Fish
Brownwater - Carp, Catfish, Gar, and Drum.
6. Fish do not have to be caught on flies or fly tackle. The purpose of this contest is for Fishy Kids and their families to get outside and enjoy their time together on the water.
7. If you have any questions at all please feel free to send an email to email@example.com
Good luck fishing, and have fun!